Vision and Mission
Our vision is to offer quality public education system that transforms schools into centres of community and promote shared moral values, good governance and sustainable development.
The Department of Education provides quality education for sustainable development through:
- Providing socially relevant and economically responsive programmes that address the human resource needs of the province and the country.
- Enhancing the skills base for agrarian transformation, manufacturing diversification and tourism in order to meet the needs of the second economy.
- Providing quality programmes to build the capacity of all employees.
- Encourage a participatory decision-making process which will empower the whole community at all levels.
The vision and mission are supported by the following values which are based upon Section 195 of the Constitution (Act no. 108 of 1996) and the Batho Pele principles:
- Continuous improvement towards excellence in the standards of performance and professionalism through our work ethos.
- Mutual trust, respect and moral values that promote human dignity as reflected in the concept of Ubuntu.
- Participatory processes in policy making.
- Public administration that promotes sustainable development.
- The provision of value for money and accountability to the people of the province, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
- Transparency, equity and redress through the provision of timely, accessible and accurate information.
- Good human resource management and career – development practices for all employees to maximize human potential.